ordable/ is an e-commerce enabler that allows merchants to quickly accept and fulfill customer orders.
In 2018, a home business owner selling baked goods was on the verge of closing her business to pursue other career goals overseas. Instead, a small team came together to build a solution that allowed her to fully operate from abroad. Quickly, she began merchandising her items online through social channels, accepting orders directly on her own website, processing payments, and dispatching deliveries direct to her customers. By the end of 2018 she grew her business 20-fold, all whilst working remotely. ordable/ was born out of the technology built for business owners with a need to grow.
UX/UI Designer Role
We love giving our merchants and their customers beautiful experiences. We are investing in product engineering, customer experience, and customer success to enable us to meet and raise the bar on delivering the best commerce experience on the planet.
The User-experience (UX) and user interface (UI) designer has a strong foundation in user experience, interaction design, as well as graphic and visual design skills.
The UX/UI designer is a natural problem solver with the ability to combine UX thinking with design execution to create elegant solutions for web and mobile. You are able to take digital design concepts from ideation and wireframe to high-fidelity prototypes that the engineering team can consume and implement.
You should be a great collaborator, able to bridge the gap between our design and engineering teams, suggesting ideal workflows and making developer handoff seamless.
You are at the forefront of contemporary web design trends and tools, with a wealth of knowledge to help us innovate, understand merchant needs, and create the best solution for them.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and Lo and Hi Fidelity mockups and prototypes, optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Contribute to and maintain a global UX / UI Design System
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to understand new merchant requirements and deliver better experiences
- 2 year’s experience in developing UX/UI with a portfolio of work to show
- A great eye for detail, with solid foundations in layout and good design principles in a portfolio of stunning visual and interactive design solutions
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Have a degree or certification for visual design skills covering UX/UI
Key Leadership Principles
At ordable/ our values drive our actions. In this role, and while all our principles are important, the ideal candidates will embody the following ordable/ principles:
- Obsess about customers: We always want to start from the customer and work backwards. We pay attention to what competitors are doing, and obsess over our customers.
- Raise the Bar: We always keep our standards high, and we keep raising them. We deliver high quality products, services, processes, and we ensure that problems are fixed and they stay fixed.
- Do, and be swift about it: Speed matters in business. We always have a tendency to take action with calculated risk. Many decisions and actions are reversible – done is better than perfect.
- Dive Deep, be curious, and learn: We are positively skeptical, inquisitive, and always learning. We do not stop peeling back layers until we arrive at the core of problems and questions that we have.