Kuwait / Bahrain / Saudi Arabia
ordable/ is an e-commerce enabler that allows merchants to quickly accept and fulfill customer orders.
In 2018, a home business owner selling baked goods was on the verge of closing her business to pursue other career goals overseas. Instead, a small team came together to build a solution that allowed her to fully operate from abroad. Quickly, she began merchandising her items online through social channels, accepting orders directly on her own website, processing payments, and dispatching deliveries direct to her customers. By the end of 2018 she grew her business 20-fold, all whilst working remotely. ordable/ was born out of the technology built for business owners with a need to grow.
Full Stack Engineer Role
The software developer position is a passionate design advocate and will be responsible for the development and implementation of new or modified software products or ongoing projects. A successful developer will need to participate in design meetings and consult with the sales team to refine, test and analyze input from customers and provide solutions that work for their businesses. They will also have great project management skills, communication skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task with a proven record of driving growth.
Duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures.
- Researching, designing, implementing and managing software programs
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Determining operational practicality
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Training internal stakeholders and users
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, sales managers, customer success managers to develop needs of the business.
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
- 1-2 year’s experience in developing software or demonstrable equivalent of project work (through a provided GIT repo).
- Written and spoken proficiency in both English and Arabic
- A full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role and play a key role impacting the value of a fast-growing company.
- An analytical mind, a highly engaged, high-energy, motivated, collaborative team player.
- Applied experience of backend systems using Django or comparable python framework.